This week, Jessie and I did a video about being kind to yourself and each other. What does it mean to be kind to yourself? Here are some tips!
- Look Inward: Know yourself and your motivations. Spend time thinking about your actions and habits and why you act the way you do. Is there anything you would like to change? What would change mean?
- Be Honest with Yourself: Take a good look at your strengths and weaknesses. Stop sugar coating. Stop letting other’s opinions guide you.
- Take care of your mind and body: Learn what your body needs to be healthy and do it! Drink water! Exercise! sleep better! Take care of your mind by learning new things, taking breaks from media, meditating or praying .
- Be Your Own Advocate: Once you’ve determined what your mind and body needs, you need to speak up for yourself! Nobody else is walking in your shoes! Your health and well being is your responsibility. Speak up about what you need. No one else can be the authority of your life.
- Help Others: We are all on this planet together. One way to truly take care of ourselves is to take care of others as well. Nothing feels as good as making a difference in someone’s life!